WHO WE ARE
Hittle Landscaping has been serving clients since 1973 and has grown to become Indiana’s largest family-owned landscape company – ranked 114th largest in our Nation by Landscape Management Magazine.
We have over 240 amazing employees with a passion to be the best landscaper in the Midwest. Our company has 6 Divisions: Grounds Maintenance, Home Builder Install, Outdoor Living, Commercial Install, Irrigation, and Snow/Ice Management.
WHY JOIN HITTLE
Hittle is passionate about our culture and we strive to ensure all our employees are valued and appreciated. We want to build careers and develop leaders to serve our clients and represent our brand and legacy.
OUR CORE VALUES
Honesty | Innovation |Thankfulness | Teamwork | Leadership | Excellence
These values drive our expectations and are lived out by all of us on Team Hittle. We aren’t perfect, but we sure strive to hold ourselves accountable to do our best!
Because of our size, Hittle offers great benefits and opportunity. We have the usual Medical, dental and vision plans as well as a 401k retirement program with a company match! Our employees enjoy paid days off, holiday pay, 24/7 access to a Corporate Chaplain, opportunities to participate in mission trips, local service projects and much more!
YOUR ROLE AT HITTLE
Your position will part of our Accounting and Administration Team and report to our Controller. We are seeking a highly motivated person who can manage and process a weekly payroll for over 240 team members. There are several other exciting responsibilities that include teaching new crew leaders how to use our labor tracking technology, and assisting the Controller with general ledger reconciliation, month-end financials, plus job costing, budgets and other accounting support functions.
Hittle landscaping is a fast-paced environment focused on growing our company by growing careers for energetic and passionate people!
• Process payroll for employees of a growing 250 employee organization
• Ensure all payroll processing activities are completed in accordance with company procedures – accuracy and timeliness are essential
• Support operational managers as needed for payroll questions and reports
• Process and reconcile job costing data for accuracy and reporting
• Manage employee crew phones, including set up and maintenance
• Train Crew Leaders on phone app for job costing data
• Assists in development of overall payroll procedures by recommending improvements or changes when deemed necessary for greater efficiency; preparation, development, and management of payroll system
• Maintains payroll system records, and related HRIS records, and compiles reports as needed
• Manage time and attendance proxy card system
• Reviews and reconciles timeclock and job cost information for completeness and accuracy
• Demonstrates ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
• Supports and assists the Controller with general ledger analysis, monthly financials, and budget updates
• Supports and assists the Controller with other fiscal duties as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting preferred by not required
• Proven experience in a payroll position in a fast-paced environment required
• Strong knowledge of payroll tax and wage laws
• Good understanding of common fiscal procedures
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Office applications
• Exceptional multitasking and organizational skills
• Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Physically able to work seated in front of a computer for long hours at a time
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and skill level