This position exists to assist the Field Manager in ensuring that all projects are complete within budgeted hours, by job specifications and in accordance with proper quality standards. Also, to provide assistance with project preparation and scheduling with the primary focus on day-to-day field management of landscape projects. More specifically, responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
LEADERSHIP AND TEAMWORK
• Use strong leadership skills to build teamwork, high moral and a skillful workforce.
• Assist in managing, overseeing, providing training and being a mentor to the Crew Leaders
• Take personal responsibility for your own leadership development.
• Assist in creating each crew’s schedule that promotes the best crew efficiency while maintaining the customer’s expectations.
• The Field Manager Assistant performs site visits on a regular basis to ensure job scope & production standards are met.
• Assist with daily performance evaluations to confirm each project is being completed on budget.
• Give recognition for good performance and effectively counsel poor performance.
• Assist in completing performance reviews with thorough and objective feedback.
• Assist in scheduling and overseeing subcontractors.
• Manage Conflict through a positive approach to each and every issue.
MANAGING JOB DATA
• Review the scope of work, proposals and drawings.
• All work orders must be reviewed and any inadequate or missing information will be reviewed with the Crew Leader.
• Assist (when needed) in the review and approval of all subcontractor invoices pertaining to the assigned projects.
SCHEDULING JOBS AND RESOURCES
• Provide proactive planning and communication of all project schedule dates to all persons involved in the project. Included but not limited to the Field Manager, Account Manager, subcontractors, purchasing department and yard personnel.
• Schedule locates to be called in a minimum of 3 days prior to any ground breaking services.
• Assist in making daily adjustments to the schedule based on job completions and changes in the customer’s expectations.
QUALITY AND SAFETY
• Maintains a safe environment and identifies and eliminates safety hazards to crew staff, vendors and
• This may include participation and training for programs such as OSHA & EPA and other regulated programs.
• Meet or exceed and enforce all of the customer’s safety requirements.
• Ensure availability and enforce the use of all PPE (Personal Protection Equipment).
• Prompt and professional communication is the highest priority of all responsibilities in a Field Manger Assistant’s daily routine.
• Email, texts and voice mails must be responded to in a timely manner.
• Field Manager Assistants will be proactive in their communication regarding project changes in services, start dates, schedule changes, material changes etc. The proactive communicating approach will include but is not limited to Field Manager, Account Managers, Customers, subcontractors and crews.
Strong Organizational and Communication Skills are a Must.